Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Funny Farm!

Well... it's been 6 years since we moved out to the acreage.
So I guess that means it's been 6 years since I first started thinking about getting a horse and some chickens!
And about 5 years since I told the kids we are going to get a horse and chickens one day.
So far it's looking like one day means the same to me as it did to my Mom when she said, 'yes we'll go to Disneyland one day!' 
I got over not going to Disneyland, so I am sure the kids will get over this, right?!

But I really do hope one day does happen... soon.
And the funny thing is; I could make it happen... this decision is actually up to me. Getting a horse is how Clayton talked me into moving out here, so he has to be on board. 
Unfortunately I like to day dream about adventures I might have one day and not actually buy stuff.
I hate buying stuff. I mean: shopping is not my favourite!
Turns out this transfers over to buying a horse.
Not my favourite.
Couldn't the perfect horse; suitable for me but also great with kids, just show up in our horse pasture?
I'd leave a big wad of cash out there on a fence post for the deliverer!

The horse pasture is ready and waiting... Clayton did his part... now we're just waiting on Kimberly! ONE DAY!


But in the mean time we have acquired some funny farm pets.
The kind that just show up, without notice, at your place.
That works for me!

The salamander we kept for one day and then let free.
The bat we tried to nurse back to health. But to no avail. Rest in peace little batty.
The princess and lion seem to have taken up residence here! ;)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that princess and lion that have moved in on ya'!
Best looking animals I've seen yet!
Okay, about that trip to Diesneyland---should we go as one big family or each indivdual group? I think Justin can walk the whole way now! LOL :)
You never know Kimberly....Tex may find his way there....We'll open the gate tonight...keep an out out for him in a few weeks maybe! Love Mom :)

Vanessa said...

Mom has a great idea! you can ride Tex to your place!!! think of how good he would be by the time you got there!?!?! eeek! could you imagine all the large transports and huge RV's!!! that would be terrifying for you... not to mention the horse! ok ok ok... bad idea! :) unless you could find the scenic route.... ;)

as for your funny farm! I was thinking it was going to be more pictures of the crazy animals you and clayton spawned... but the bat and salamander are cool too ;)
Besides... start with chickens... dad has a line on some great layers.... then i'll give you a bunny or two... in no time the horse will arrive, along with a dog, miniature goat and possibly a donkey... cause once you start a farm, people see it as a spot to take homeless pets!! ;)
*note to mom... Take 12 chickens to kimberly's unasked and drop them off ;)

Vanessa said...

Oh dear... what will you do when the white geese show up at the door?!! haha

Allise said...

Love the lion and princess! And the Disney comment auntie!! Do it Kimberly! Take the plunge! Break the cycle!! haha, Or don't and be a dreamer :)